Health and Safety
COVID Travel Updates
As of December 2, 2020, bubble-to-bubble leisure travel to Dragon Hill Lodge IS AUTHORIZED for USFK, but leisure travel to the rest of Area II is currently off limits. As always, if you are planning a visit to our resort hotel, it's best to refer to the most up-to-date information provided by the USFK.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments and military medical professionals. The health and well-being of our guests, team members, and all who visit the AFRCs is our highest priority.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. On a daily basis, the Armed Forces Recreation Centers (AFRCs) around the world are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resorts health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to the guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Team Members' Health, Safety, and Knowledge: Resort team members – and their own health, safety, and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
· Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
· Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, resort team members are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
· Real-Time Information: AFRC leadership and IMCOM HQ are on standby to support the AFRCs and coordinate with local medical and military authorities in the event of a change in the Health Protection Condition (HPCON).
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
· Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
· Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, and even room keys.
· Back of House: In the spaces where team members work “behind the scenes,” AFRCs are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like team members entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and team members offices.
Our Reservations Policy: We understand that guests' upcoming stays may be impacted by concerns and travel restrictions related to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Events and Operations: AFRCs will follow local public health guidance for modifications of events and operations in the event of a change in the Health Protection Condition (HPCON).
For the most updated information, please refer to the below links :
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
World Health Organization (WHO)
Department of Defense (DOD)